Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Things I've Learned (Part 4)


I've learned that one should keep his words both
soft and tender, because tomorrow
he may have to eat them.

I've learned that a smile is an inexpensive way to
improve your looks.

I've learned that I can't choose how I feel, but I
can choose what I do about it.

I've learned that a peacock today may be a feather
duster tomorrow.

I've learned that nobody wants to know what you're
doing until you're doing something that
you don't want anyone to know.

I've learned that when your newly born grandchild
holds your little finger in his little
fist, that you're hooked for life.

I've learned that those who reach their goals too
easily have aimed too low.

I've learned that everyone wants to live on top of
the mountain, but all the happiness
and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

I've learned that when packing for a vacation, you
should take half as many clothes as you
think you will need and twice as much
money. Your clothes and money should
run out about the same time!

I've learned that stain resistant carpet will stain.

I've learned that it is best to give advice in only
two circumstances; when it is requested
and when it is a life-threatening
situation.

I've learned that a good friend is the one who tells
you how you really look in your jeans.

I've learned that the less time I have to work with,
the more things I get done.

I've learned that we should be glad God doesn't
give us everything we ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment