Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Are You Flawless?

As human beings we are flawed and imperfect. In fact, I believe that we are not meant to be without blemish. We're scraped and scarred, flawed on the inside and marred on outside. It's just the way we are. I never want to forget that "perfect" is only found in the dictionary or in the life of Jesus.

Even china may be closer to perfection than we humans. Every finished piece must undergo a final inspection. It is held up to a fierce, bright light and examined for imperfections. If even the slightest flaw is detected, the cup or plate or vase or sugar bowl is smashed to pieces. That's right. The blemished piece is never sold as a "second." If that piece of china is not flawless, it is reckoned to be no good at all.

I know that I cannot stand up to that kind of scrutiny. I have flaws I haven't even begun to explore yet.
Yet, how many times a day are those words repeated by countless people feeling the sting of rejection? To be accepted as one is and not discarded as useless is more than just a wish, it is a deep, human need.

All of us are a sign everyday that simply identifies us as a work in progress. It means, take me as I am. I may not become what you want me to be, I'm far, far from perfect, but I have some great qualities, too, as well as my share of faults. You will have to take me as is and I'll take you that way, too.

As is will be the best guarantee any of us can offer. But quite frankly, most of the time we're getting a pretty good deal. Just remember you're not finished yet-He's still working on you. God loves you and will help you with your imperfections. Don't give up on Him because He will never quit working on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment