Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Hayden!

4 years ago today we were sitting in the St. Francis Eastside hospital waiting for my first grandson to arrive. I love both of my granddaughters very much, but this was the boy to carry on our namesake. When Hayden Colt Stone was born it opened up a whole new dimension for us. He is my little man, the spitting image of his dad at that age, with a personality that just can't be beat. I'm so glad he is my grandson.

What many people don't realize was at the time his Dad, Mom, and sisters had sold their home, moved into a place that was originally made to house girls that were in trouble, and tried to revive a church that was going under due to all kinds of circumstances. Thankfully those days are behind them and God has blessed Hayden to grow up in a position of blessing rather than one of sacrifice. For that I am eternally grateful to God for both he, his sisters, and their future.

Every time I see Hayden I have hope that the world will
be a better place. I see his innocence and feel his love and know that the presence of God is real. He is not beaten down by the world or attacked by his peers. He just enjoys life and vents his frustrations on Angry Birds! (LOL!)


So to my grandson on his 4th birthday I say it again and again and again, "Happy Birthday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment