Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

If I were An Avenger

My favorite superteam of all time is the Avengers. I remember the first time I ever saw their comic on the comic rack at a K-Mart in Miami, Florida. I sure wish I had bought that issue and saved it. Of course I was only in the 5th grade at that time. I also wish I had kept my Willie Mays and Mickey Mantle cards as well, but they sure did sound good at the time attached to my bicycle tire (LOL)!

After seeing The Avengers movie yesterday, I asked myself the question, what would I do if I were an Avenger?

-If I were an Avenger I would want the same ideals and dreams that America had back in the day. Life was less complicated and filled with adventure. It's funny how the older we get the less we like adventure, but adventure was what helped us grow. I never want to stop growing spiritually or mentally. I never want to loose my sense of adventure or dreams no matter how old I am.

-If I were an Avenger I would understand the value of a team effort. It's not the one man against the world philosophy that works any more.  Ask the dictators that have fallen in the past 15 years! It takes a team effort in this complicated society to be successful at anything. One man or woman can make a difference if they lead their team in the right direction, but no person is an island today.

-If I were an Avenger I would put my efforts into making a difference. You and I can still make a difference in our times if we really try, but it takes a sincere effort to do just that. Why? Because helping one person at a time doesn't seem so importnat, yet it really is. If you can help one person do right then hopefully they will pass that on to another. Soon there will be a great cloud of witnesses doing the same thing and it can literally change the world.

Guess what? If we do these things we all might be Avengers. Here's our rallying cry:

"Avengers Assemble!"

No comments:

Post a Comment