Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Things I've Learned (Part 3)

I've learned that I always think of the right thing
to say when it's too late.



I've learned that even at the age of fifty-eight,
you can still feel like a twelve
year old child when your mother is
talking to you.


I've learned that no matter what their ages or how
far away they may be, you never stop
wanting to keep a protective arm
around your children or grands.


I've learned to gather all the crumbs thrown my way.
They soon form a lovely, thick slice
of life and memories.


I've learned that when you want a garment to shrink,
it won't, and when you don't, it will
come out of the dryer and fit your cat!


I've learned that everyone you meet deserves to
be greeted with a smile.

I've learned that we men would rather be lost for hours
than stop and ask for directions.


I've learned that no one is perfect until you fall
in love with them.


I've learned that life is tough, but I'm tougher.

I've learned that opportunities are never lost;
someone will take the ones you miss.

I've learned that there was nothing better in my childhood than my
dog waiting for me on the front porch,
wagging his tail when I got home.

I've learned that when you harbor bitterness,
happiness will dock elsewhere.

I've learned that it is just as wrong to be rude to a
child as to an adult. In fact, it may
be more unforgivable.

No comments:

Post a Comment