Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Things I've Learned (Part 2)

I've learned that money doesn't buy class.

I've learned that it's those small daily happenings
that make life so spectacular.

I've learned that once a relationship is over,
if you experienced more smiles than
tears, then it wasn't a waste of time.

I've learned that under everyone's hard shell is
someone who wants to be appreciated
and loved.

I've learned never to humiliate another person.
Always give him an honorable way to
back down or out of something and
still save face.

I've learned that the Lord didn't do it all in one
day. What makes me think I can?

I've learned that if you are still talking about
what you did yesterday, you haven't
done much today.

I've learned that to ignore the facts does not
change the facts.

I've learned that when you plan to get even with
someone, you are only letting that
person continue to hurt you.

I've learned that you view other people's children
in a whole different light when you
have some of your own.

I've learned that the older I get, the smarter my
parents become.

I've learned that when your wife simply answers,
"nothing" when you ask her what's
wrong, you're in deep trouble.

I've learned that love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned that the easiest way for me to grow as
a person is to surround myself with
people smarter than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment