Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Ready for South Carolina

While sitting at MCO Airport waiting for our plane to take us home, I thought I would post these observations about our church:

-You can see the impact our economy has had by our attendance and participation. This was one of the smallest groups of OB's that I can remember on the council floor.

-This was also one of the best moderated meetings I've ever attended.
Dr. Raymond Culpepper did an excellent job as our PB/Chairman and will be hard to beat in the future.

-This was also a very sobering assembly realizing how many of our older OB's have gone on to be with the Lord during the past two years. Ours is a denomination in transition in more ways than one as our older guard begin to receive their reward for a job well done.

-I am excited about our new Executive Committee. I have served in the past with J. David Stephens as a member of his Youth & CE Board in SC. I know the leadership skills he brings to the table. Mark Williams as our Presiding Bishop will provide dynamic leadership as well. M. Thomas Propes has the management skills financially to right this great vessel and David Griffis can and will continue to stress the heritage and bright future of our church. Wallace Sibley adds diversity to our leadership and these brethren have a heart for the future of our church.

Well, I'm ready to see a renewal of God throughout this great church. I'm believing it will start this Sunday in our churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment