Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Daily Examinations

2 Corinthians 13:5 "Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

These are some questions that we should ask ourselves daily to make sure we are REALLY in the faith. Take this daily exam and you will find out who you are and where you stand spiritually every day.

-Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?


-Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?


-Do I confidently pass on to another what I was told in confidence?


-Can I be trusted?


-Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?


-Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?


-Did the Bible live in me today?


-Do I give it time to speak to me every day?


-Am I enjoying prayer?

-When did I last speak to someone else of my faith?


-Do I pray about the money I spend?


-Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?


-Do I disobey God in anything?


-Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?


-Am I defeated in any part of my life?


-Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?

-How do I spend my spare time?


-Am I proud?

-Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisees who despised the publican?


-Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?


-Do I grumble or complain constantly?


-Is Christ real to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment