Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Hannah!

13 years ago on July 8th something wonderful happened in my life-my first grandchild, Hannah, was born. She was then and still is today the light of my life. She has brought more joy to my life than anyone can ever imagine. From the first time I held her in my arms I knew she would be someone special and she really, really is.

She is a young lady now so I can't let her sleep on my chest in the recliner like I did when she was little. More than once when we would keep her in Union on Sunday afternoon she would take a nap right on her Popee's chest while I slept as well. I remember the first steps she took around our old parsonage, the first time she played on our piano and organ, and her first Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines, and more. I remember the first time I fed her ice cream, her first trike, and her first bike. She has made getting older a pleasure and my memories sweeter as I remember the happiness she has brought into my life..

If I could grant her three wishes on her birthday tomorrow this is what they would be:

-That she would excell in everything that she aspires to do. She has more talent and ability in her than I think she even realizes and I believe if she puts her mind to it she can accomplish anything she wants in life.

-That she would allow the Lord to lead and direct her in every phase of her life. He has blessed her with a heritage and a history from her past, but He also has a plan for her future.

-That she would always be beautiful in her spirit, mind, and soul and never forget where she has come from or how to find the way she wants to go toward in her future.

Well, I'm not a genie and I have no magical powers to grant wishes, but I can and will always pray for her. I can always be a shoulder she can cry on, a good listener when she needs to talk, a friend in a time of need, and a grandparent that says and means, "I love you", when she needs to hear it the most.

To my darling Hannah-Happy 13th Birthday! I pray that you will celebrate many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment