Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, March 11, 2016

You Are Loved Unconditionally

When I was a teenager I loved going to the Conway Church of God. I enjoyed the homecomings and the special dinners we had on Crabtree Street. They were a feast of good old country cooking. I enjoyed the Sunday school classes too, because I got to see my friends there and they were special to me. But it was the church services themselves that impressed me the most. They were full of spirit and worship and my young mind didn't always understand the values that they were developing in me. My dad's sermons always hit home and I loved playing in the band and working with the music. It was a joy to be with people that I loved and cared about so much-Glynes, Darnell, Joan, Sarah, Jeff, Blainey, Doris, Dennis, Debbie, and all the others I shared those times with at the Conway Church of God.

It was during one of our Easter services, however, that I did hear something that would stick in my heart, soul, and mind from that day forward. It was an a early spring and it had made the area a little warmer than usual. An evangelistic team from Lee College and come for Easter revival. One young preacher preached on Sunday night the message of the cross in a way I had never received it before. He said in his message: "Remember this if you don’t remember anything else I have said. Remember this-You are loved! You are loved unconditionally by a greater love than you can ever imagine! God loves you, now and forever and gave His very best for you!"

Those words of wisdom found a place deep inside of me. I did find myself remembering them over and over again in my life. As I learned, grew, struggled, and stumbled those words stayed in my heart. They helped me to rise up and try again every time I fell. They helped me to find my own love for God, for myself, and for ministry to others. They became a central part of who I am and what I continue to do even though disabled. The one gift I hope to give all of you is this truth. May you always remember then that "You are loved!" May you always know that "God loves you, now and forever and that Jesus died for your sins!"


There is hope beyond the grave-if Jesus is Lord of your life. And the great news is He can be if you let Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment