Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Time To Make A Stand


I am a firm believer in choice. So was Jesus. You chose who you will serve and it's your choice. You have that right.  That' s what America was built on. I am zealous for Christ, but if you choose not to follow Him, I can't and won't make you. So I'm a little frustrated with people who want to force me to accept their behavior and say nothing about it. If you are sensitive skip this part because it might offend you. Sadly, those who want me to accept their lifestyle say I'm a biggot if I say that what they are doing offends me and is wrong. Well, when it comes to protecting my family maybe I am.

These are troubling times when the minority cries bigotry every time someone  speaks against anything that goes contrary to their agenda. Several states have played with the idea that if a woman thinks she's a man and dresses that way she can use a public male restroom and it's okay. The same for a man who dresses and lives as a woman using a public ladies room. The problem with this is that they still have their God-given anatomy that doesn't work the same as people who go into those assigned restrooms.

Now it will work for a man dressed as a woman going in a public ladies restroom, because he can sit. But how is a woman who dresses and lives like a man going to squat on a urinal? Very plain, I know, but a legislation that the LGBT and their politicians seem to be pushing and passing. 

We have already had a man arrested this week out west who pretended to be transgender so he could watch women use the restroom. Our liberal opposition say things like this won't happen on a regular basis, but every time we have opened Pandora's Box something else evil has come out of it.

I for one don't want my mother, daughter-in-law, grandchildren, sister-in-laws, or nieces to ever have to worry about someone of the opposite sex (still with their body parts intact) using the same restroom just because they have on a dress or business suit. You have the right to live the way you want to, but use common decency when it comes to matters like this.

Parents, don't let it happen in your schools. Public officials, please use common moral sense. I'm not a negative Nellie, but the rise in predatory crime will happen, as well as other things that are not decent, in spite of what those who stand for this garbage say.

I am not afraid of gays, lesbians, or transgender people. I just refuse to live or mimic their lifestyle because to me it is ungodly. That's my opinion and I am sticking with it. You have the right to your opinion as I do, but don't holler discrimination every time I don't get my way.  I don't threaten to close down a business because I don't want you to legislate who can use which bathroom. I personally believe it is a few rabble rousers that are trying to make the whole look bad. That's the same with many Christians who try to impose their will and lifestyle on someone who doesn't want to be a Christian. Remember, it's a choice and you must choose who you serve. Just asking for everyone involved to think about moral decency and common compassion when it comes to potty use.

The right to say the Pledge of Allegiance or display Biblical characters is already under attack. Prayer in school has been abolished. History is being changed by scholars in books, divorce is at an all time high, fear is being compounded by ISIS, and our children and grandchildren have to deal with enough stuff in their lives. It is my concussion then they should not have to worry at school, or work, or at a ball game, or any where that somebody could be watching them as a possible target in a public restroom. The Roman Empire fell when common decency took a vacation and the will of a few influenced the majority. Don't let it happen in America!


No comments:

Post a Comment