Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Church Exercises

Physical exercise is good for you. I know that I should do it daily, but my body doesn't always want me to do too much. So after 44 years of pastoring I have worked out this program of activities that do not require excessive physical exercise. These are exercises I learned from the members of the various churches I pastored:

        1. Beating around the bush
        2. Jumping to conclusions
        3. Climbing the walls
        4. Swallowing my pride
        5. Passing the buck
        6. Throwing my weight around
        7. Dragging my heels
        8. Pushing my luck
        9. Making mountains out of molehills
        10. Hitting the nail on the head
        11. Wading through paperwork
        12. Bending over backwards
        13. Jumping on the bandwagon
        14. Balancing the books
        15. Running around in circles
        16. Eating crow
        17. Tooting my own horn
        18. Climbing the ladder of success
        19. Pulling out the stops
        20. Adding fuel to the fire
        21. Opening a can of worms
        22. Putting my foot in my mouth
        23. Starting the ball rolling
        24. Going over the edge
        25. Picking up the pieces
Happy Exercising ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment