Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, January 1, 2016

This Is My Life (Pat 4)

A successful ministry of any nature include those who have served with you along the journey. Men that are able to break you or make you serving on your staff. I was blessed to serve with some of the finest an individual can know.

Larry and Cindy Gartan served as my first youth pastors at Lifespring. We could not pay them much, but oh how they poured themselves into the youth. Their lack of funds never detoured them from the job God wanted them to do and they did it with all of the hearts. We love them like our own children.

Gerald and Cindy Price served us well at LCOG. They did our Children's and Youth Ministries when we were there before. A great couple that drove from Greenwood to assist us in the calling God placed on hear for LCOG. Thanks for the support and prayers all these years.

I hired a couple to work with us at UCOG who is still one of my best friends today. Now pastoring the West Main Street Church in Ware Shoals is the hilariously funny John and Loree Tyson. When I needed a laugh John was always there and could take any situation-serious or stupid-and make me laugh. He became my buddy and I still tell forks until this day they've never heard Ray Hughes until you meet John Tyson. A great family, a great pastor, and a great friend.

Other great men have served with me as well, such as Rodney White (one of the most talented guys I know), Deryk Morgan (pastoring the Elizabeth St. COG in Clinton), Bill Case, who served with me at DCOG and is one of my best friends even today, and Richie Saxon, who is currently serving on staff at LCOG.

I thank God for these men for their assistance along my journey. You guys were the best and I mean that sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment