Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Self-Help Ideas

-As I let go of my feelings of guilt, I am in touch with my inner sociopath.
-I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.
-I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.
-I no longer need to punish, deceive, or compromise myself, unless I want to stay employed.
-In some cultures, what I do would be considered normal.
-Having control over myself is almost as good as having control over others.
-My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of self-judgment.
-I honor my personality flaws for without them I would have no personality at all.
-Joan of Arc heard voices too.
-I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious, self-righteous people around me.
-I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper, and complain.
-As I learn the innermost secrets of people around me, they reward me in many ways to keep me quiet.
-When someone hurts me, I know that forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit, but not nearly as gratifying.
-The first step is to say nice things about myself. The second, to do nice things for myself. The third, to find someone to buy me nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment