Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, January 22, 2016

Genealogy Quips (Part 2)

  1. After 30 days unclaimed ancestors will be adopted.
  2. Am I the only person up my tree ... sure seems like it.
  3. Any family tree produces some lemons, some nuts, and a few bad apples.
  4. Ever find an ancestor HANGING from the family tree?
  5. FLOOR: The place for storing your priceless genealogy records.
  6. Gene-Allergy: It's a contagious disease but I love it.
  7. Genealogists are time unravelers.
  8. Genealogy is like playing hide and seek: They hide ... I seek!
  9. Genealogy: Tracing yourself back to better people.
  10. "Crazy" is a relative term in my family.
  11. A pack rat is hard to live with but makes a fine ancestor.
  12. I want to find ALL of them! So far I only have a few thousand.
  13. I Should have asked them BEFORE they died!
  14. I think my ancestors had several "Bad heir" days.
  15. I'm always late. My ancestors arrived on the JUNE flower.
  16. Only a Genealogist regards a step backwards, as progress.
  17. Share your knowledge, it is a way to achieve immortality.
  18. Heredity: Everyone believes in it until their children act like fools!
  19. It's an unusual family that hath neither a lady of the evening or a thief.
  20. Many a family tree needs pruning.

No comments:

Post a Comment