Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Glass House

The Glass House

"If God is for me, who can be against me?"


God did not make a minister immune to life. You will face imperfection, insecurities, and even insurrections in your pastorate(s). Stick and stones may not break your bones, but long tongues and harsh words will cut you to the core. There is no immunity zone in the life of a minister. You are an open book and always live in a glass house and some of your greatest critics are the ones that you give so much to.


I asked the Lord a number of times to help me cope with living in a glass house. I believe the Holy Spirit gave me some thoughts that I hope will help you in the dark times you may be facing even today. These are simple thoughts that I wish I had someone say to me when I was going through a dark time in ministry. Hopefully, they will encourage you today. Remember: 



-Life is tough, but you are tougher, stronger, and more capable to deal with what it throws at you than you can imagine.  


-Find the strength to laugh every day even in the face of adversity. 


-Find the courage to live differently than you can imagine, yet beautifully in the grace of God.  

-Find it in your heart to make others smile, even when you're hurting inside, and learn how to forgive.  


-Don’t stress over things you can’t change. I can speak again from experience-it cost me my health and it really wasn't worth it. I got stressed over things that never happened except in my mind. Some things will happen no matter what you do to prevent them, but God is always in control.


-Live simply and be yourself not what others tell or want you to be. 


-Love generously, faithfully,  and share the good news of Jesus.  


-Speak truthfully and never be ashamed of the gospel of truth even if it doesn't please the crowd.  


-Work diligently for the cause of Christ and be smart about doing it His way.  


-If you fall short of your goal, keep going because failure is only produced when you stop trying to be better.  


-Keep growing because each day is a new day of your ultimate destiny and the next step to your eternal home.

No comments:

Post a Comment