Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, May 6, 2016

Mom's Treasures


My Mom is one of the richest people on Earth. Her treasures are glorious to behold. Her wealth isn’t in her bank account, though. Like most people growing up we lived from paycheck to paycheck. She doesn’t have a big house. For most of my childhood we lived in church parsonages. My Mom doesn’t own an expensive car. She doesn’t own any fancy gems or jewelry. There were no designer clothes or fur coats in her closet. She has worn regular clothing almost everyday of her life.

Yet, my Mom’s treasures are far more precious than just things. She has a kind heart. She is always ready to help anyone at anytime. She has a giving spirit even at 81 years of age. Although we didn’t have much while I was growing up she was always willing to share what we did have with others. She has a gentle laugh. I remember as a boy sitting on the porch listening to my parents talk and hearing the sweet sound of my Mom’s laughter. She has always had a loving soul. It makes her eyes sparkle, her smile shine, and it overflows in everything she does. Even though we were considered poor in the eyes of the world, I always feel wealthy when I am around her. She gives me the riches of love, hugs, and happiness she taught me about God’s treasures in Paradise.

The American dream has always been that we could do better than our parents did. We could get a better education, a better job, a better home, and a better income. My dream is that I may be half as loving, giving, kind, gentle, and good, as my Mom is. My dream is to always make her smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment