Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

How We Walk Through Life

How we walk down a street and how we walk through life are very different things. Because of my stroke I can't help how I walk down a street, but I want to be intentional about how I walk through life.
Through life, I want to walk gently. I want to treat all people with reverence and respect. I want to remove my shoes in the presence of holy ground. As much as possible, I want to walk in peace.

I want to walk lightly, even joyfully, through whatever days I am given, which isn't easy after a stroke. I want to laugh easily and I want to step carefully in and out of people's lives and relationships. I don't want to tread any heavier than necessary.

And throughout life, I think I would like to walk with more humility and less anger, more love and less fear. I want to walk confidently, but without arrogance. I want to walk in deep appreciation. I want to be genuinely thankful for life's wonderful yet simple, gifts. like a loving wife, son and daughter-in-law, and 5 marvelous grand children 
If life is a journey, then how I make that journey is important. How I walk through life. But still I wonder how I look when I walk down a street.

No comments:

Post a Comment