Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

A Good Day

Perhaps the key to having a great life is to live it one good day at a time. Perhaps the key to being happy in this world is to love all we today and let God take care of our tomorrow.

My day usually starts with a walk, exercises, and prayer. After that  a hearty breakfast followed by some study and writing. Then I head out to do what needs to be done and sing along with the CD or Radio playing in my car with a loud voice and a happy heart.
My good day was just beginning. I helped it along by giving a cheerful greeting to everyone I met. I shared smiles and was happy to have them returned. I offered a helping hand to one friend and a pat on the back to another. Later at a store I opened the door for a lady with her arms full of packages. I told a tired waitress what a good job she was doing and watched her whole face light up.

When I got home I gave my granddaughter, who was visiting a hug, kissed my oldest grandson on the head, and laughed and played with my youngest grandson before doing some work on the computer. Then I tried  to share a little good humor, a kind word, a bit of inspiration, and a loving thought with m Facebook followers around the world. Later in the evening I spent some quiet time resting, talking with my wife, and watched a little TV. Finally I ended the day the way I started it-thanking God for this world, my life, and the chance to live for one more good day.

My life changed on February 16, 2015. The stroke I had has affected every sphere of my life, but I'm still here for some reason or purpose. To me from now on, every day is a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment