Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy July 4th

Yes, it's that time of the year again, so I interrupt what I have been sharing about Surviving Bad Attitudes to say "Happy Birthday America!"

What does America mean to me?

-It's the most beautiful place I have ever seen. From our coast here in South Carolina to the coast of California what a grand place to live.

-It's a place where a dream can come true. Ask Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, George Washington Carver, Walt Disney, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and countless others. They all dreamed a dream and saw them come to pass.

-It's a place where I can worship the God that I want to, go to church where I please, and not worry about condemnation or oppression.

-It's a place where I can own a house, drive a car, get a good education, make something out of myself, and continue to grow and progress each and every day of my life.

-It's a place where the good far outweighs the bad, a place where equality and sportsmanship still rule the day in spite of a careless few.

America has changed. Not every thing is red, white, and blue anymore in the eyes of some people. But I don't want to live anywhere else. This is my country, this is my home, this is my America.

Happy Birthday again!

(Blog will return next Tuesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment