Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tired Of Getting The Blame

I shared with my congregation last night that 2011 would be the year that we had to have the courage to change. One of the things that I pointed out was that you have to accept responsibility for your own actions and not try to pass the blame for your failures off on somebody else. I have made up my mind that this New Year I will no longer accept the blame for people's sins, wrongs, and other things that they do that are against the church teachings or the Bible. In fact, I'm tired of getting the blame for things that I did not do, say, or have a part in. In fact, I am sickened by people who always want to blame the pastor, preacher, teacher, leader for every thing that is wrong in their life.

Apparently they have not read the scripture that Paul wrote in Philippians 2:12 "Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."

What that means is that a person is responsible for their own actions and their own souls. Any changes, good or bad, are a result of your own actions and decisions. The problem within the church today and even in Christiandom is that it's always somebody else who causes this or that and no one wants to take responsibility.

I will help anybody that will let me help them, but I cannot change any person that doesn't want to change. I cannot and will not condone sin in any area, but I will forgive and assist in restoration. I will admit that I'm not perfect and that I have my flaws, but I will not take the blame ever again for things that I did not participate in.

If I have something to say to any person, I will say it to their face. I don't hide behind anybody or anything. I am responsible for my actions and will readily admit that. But don't blame me, the church, or God for messes that you created for whatever reason. For too long pastors have rolled over and played dead when it came to standing up for their rights and for the rights of the church. I believe if we are to hear from heaven in 2011 we must get our houses and lives in order and accept responsibility for our own actions. If we don't the pastor and the church will never break the cycle of the blame game and the Spirit of God cannot bless as He desires.

I for one say again I'm tired of getting the blame for things that go wrong in people's lives. I know the solution and I know the cure, but they've got to want it to receive it.

Where do you stand?

No comments:

Post a Comment