Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I Met Jesus At The Gym

I don't want to sound sacreligious, but it's true. Just a few days ago while working out on a Saturday morning, I saw Jesus walk into the gym. He was about 6' 2" tall and looked just like the Jesus we see in paintings and portraits. The only problem was, he wasn't real. He was just an ordianary person who was playing a role in a local Christmas production, who had let his hair grow long and grew a beard so he could look like what we think Jesus looks like. Man, what a let down!

Just kidding. None of us know what Jesus really looked like. Isaiah tries to describe Him as an ordinary man with ordinary features. He was no fashion model, nor perfectly dressed individual. He was just a carpenter for most of His adult life. I joke frequently that most people wouldn't know Jesus if He walked right up to them because they are looking for the guy in the pictures.

But you know I meet Jesus everyday. Not just at the gym, but in the mall, in Walmart, and in other places where people gather. I meet Him in the smiles of people who seem to really care about others. I meet Him in those who offer assistance to those who are in need. Yes, I even meet Him in the gym when I hear someone give God a testimony of praise for His faithfulness. In fact if you have a relationship with Him, people will meet Him through you. What a great way for people to know and see Jesus simply by the life that you live!

This Christmas season where will you meet Jesus? In the gym? In the mall? Or just maybe in your heart? One last thing, if you already know introduce Him to someone who doesn't. I promise, you'll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment