Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

This Is My Life (Part 3)

Family is very important to me and has played a large role in my life as a pastor. That is why I count it an honor to have such a wonderful daughter-in-law and soon to be 5 grandchildren.

I first met my daughter-in-law as a teen at camp while I served on our State Youth Board. Little did I know then that she would captivate the heart of my son and become his bride. She is one of the most talented singers that I have ever heard and one the most beautiful ladies I have ever met. She has always treated me with respect and love and has been a wonderful wife for my son and a great mom to my grandchildren. I count it a joy to have Candace (Candy) as a part of my family and appreciate so much her willingness to share in the heritage of our family. She loves her husband and her children with all her heart and I love her for that.

My grandchildren are just that-grand. I have dedicated all of them to the Lord and shared in some of their greatest
moments like giving Hannah her first ice cream, having Gracie sing for me in church, holding Hayden in both Disneyland and Disney World, and singing "It's A Small World After All" with Gannon. I am so looking forward to having Hattie Rose coming into the family in January 2016 and believing that I can share in some great moments with her and that she and all the rest will be healthy and loving in the years to come.

When I was lying in the hospital last February after my stroke I wondered if I would be able to play with my babies again. God has been good to me and allowed me to see Hannah get her license, Gracie create and perform a special Christmas worship dance, Hayden's first piano recital, and Gannon helping me drive a golf cart since that time. I am very blessed to have these memories from this year and many more from their past. The best thing is I'm looking forward to many more in the years to come if the Lord allows with all of my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment