Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

This Is My Life (part 2)

In 1979 a bundle of joy came into our home by the name of Shane Blake Stone. I still remember having to wait 9 days to hold him because of jaundice. I remember my dad dedicating him. I remember his first day at kindergarten, school, and his graduation. I remember moving him into the dorm at Lee and the empty house syndrome his mom and I went through. I remember his marriage to my beautiful daughter-in-law Candace. I remember the birth of my first granddaughter, then the second, then the birth of my first grandson, and then my last. Now I wait with anticipation for our newest granddaughter soon to be born into our family.

I say all of this because God has blessed me with the finest son a man could ever have. He has been my best friend for a long time and I hope he will always be. I've been there for him in times past and he has been there for me. He's laughed with me, cried with me, prayed for me, and loved me when I was going through some very tough times. In some ways he's just like me or his Uncle David, and in other ways he's just like his mom. He has a gruff exterior many times, but he also has a heart of gold. He is a part of my life I will always be thankful for. The Bible says for us to be thankful for our children, and I thank God every day for a son like Shane.

He is still one of the best parts about living.

No comments:

Post a Comment