Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, December 26, 2015

This Is My Life (Part 1)

Because of my past health issues I have had to step down from the pastorate. I wanted to share about some folks who had a tremendous impact on my ministry in the past 44 years. Naturally my wife is the first one that comes to my mind. I would have never have been able to make it as long as I have in the ministry if it had not been for her.

When the Lord allowed Becky Brigman to come into my life in 1972 it was His blessing on me. For the first 10 years of our marriage I had to take care of her. We've joked about it from time to time after her open heart surgery and pacemaker insertion. Those were rough days on Shane and I when we were worried if she would ever get back to normal. Praise God she did and man is she ever still kicking today! You can't keep a good woman down!

Little did we know that in the last twelve years she would see me through 8 knee surgeries, 5 heart attacks, and one ischemic stroke. If anybody has had a load dumped on them it was her. Yet through all of it she has stood beside me with an unfailing love and spirit. Never giving up on me, but trusting that God would bring me through. I could never have made it without her. She is my rock, my hiding place, and my true love.

Now as we enter a new phase in life, I worry that she will feel out of place. She's been a pastor's wife for so long it's going to be just as different for her as me. But I believe that she can make that transition and continue to thrive. We've made it together this far, and I believe we can make it the rest of the way.

Thanks Baby for being my all in all! I will always love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment