Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Lessons I've Learned At Christmas

Lessons I've learned about Christmas in 62 years:

At age 5 I learned that shopping was easier when someone is holding your hand.

At age 10 I learned that Christmas snow didn't exist in Florida.

At age 15 I learned that getting a razor at Christmas wasn't just a special gift.

At age 20 I learned that if you want to cheer yourself up at Christmas, you should try cheering someone else up.

At age 25 I learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it and let the Christmas Spirit shine in me all year long.

At age 30 I learned that there are people who love you dearly that you least expect and show it often at Christmas time.

At age 35 I learned that if I want to do something positive for my family, the true meaning of Christmas must shine through me to them.

At age 40 I learned that the greater people's sense of guilt, the greater their need to blame others, but also that Christmas was a good time to forgive.

At age 45 I learned that I can never allow the disappointments of life to steal my enthusiasm for the reason for the season.

At age 50 I learned that I can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

At age 55: I learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance and you better enjoy every holiday you can with your loved ones..

At age 60 I learned that I shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. I need to be able to throw something back and Christmas was the perfect place to start.

At age 62 I learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one especially a Grinch at Christmas.

Isn't it true? If we're not learning, we're not improving. If we're not improving, we're not growing. And if we're not growing, we're not living. Each Christmas is special not only because of Jesus, but because of what He has blessed us with.

Some people worry about dying. I am more concerned with living as well and as fully as possible. Let this Christmas Season remind you of what life is all about-learning who He is, growing in His grace, and living each day for Him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment