Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thank God It's Thursday...

Thank God it's Thursday...

Thursday means several things to me personally and hopefully to you as well.

-I have survived almost another week. I give God praise for everyday I get to be with the love of my life, Becky, and also get to serve the Lord everyday.

-I have one more day to praise God for my wonderful son, daughter-in-law, and my four grandbabies. Not only do I love them more than life itself, I have once more day to enjoy that love here on earth.

-I have one more day to do the best I can for my Lord and Master, and though feeble it may seem, hopefully will please and honor him.

-I have one more day to pray for my friends in the hospital and home that are in need of a touch of God in their lives for physical healing and to believe with them for a miracle.

-I have one more day to rejoice that I am alive and God has given me an opportunity to shine even in the midst of the darkness that surrounds us at this time in our nation.

Thursday seems to get here quicker that it used to. People tell me that the older you get time seems to fly and I believe they are right. It seems like only yesterday Becky and I walked the aisle at the Hamer COG as man and wife. Time has flown by and is flying by for all of us. That's why Thursday is important-just as much so as every day of the week.

If God has blessed you with life then rejoice. If God has brought you though stuff then rejoice.
If God has helped you in the past, He will help you again. This is the day the Lord has made  and I will rejoice in it! How about you?

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment