Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

God loves you now and forever

Easter was always warm growing up in Conway, SC. This Easter Sunday was no exception.
I was looking down at my dress shoes while a young man from the Lee College Pioneers For Christ ministry was preaching that night from my dad's pulpit. Suddenly, his voice rose and got very loud as he begin to finish his sermon. "Remember this!," he said as I raised my head. "If you don’t remember anything else I have said. Remember this. You are loved! You are loved unconditionally by a greater love than you can ever imagine! God loves you, now and forever! That's why He sent His Son to die in your place"
Those words of wisdom did find a place deep inside of me. That night changed my life forever. I often find myself remembering them over and over again in my life. As I have learned, aged, struggled, and stumbled those words have stayed in my heart. They've helped me to rise up and try again every time I stumbled and fell. They've helped me to find my own love for God, for myself, and for others as well. They've became a central part of who I am and what I believe. The one gift I hope to give all of you is this truth. I pray that you always remember then that "You are loved!" May you always know that "God loves you, now and forever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment