Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Traveling Light

One thought brings me comfort. It is the knowledge that when I make my final journey from this world I won’t be taking any thing with me that weighs me down. The only things I will take with me will be what I have packed in the suitcase of my soul. I will be carrying with me every kind thing I ever did, every loving thought I ever shared, and every bit of laughter I ever brought into this world. I will be carrying all the joy I created, all the goodness I gave to others, and all the love I was able to choose and share. These things won’t be weighing me down either. They instead will be lifting me up. In fact, I will be traveling lighter than ever before on the wings of God’s glorious love. 

As you get ready for your own final trip then make sure that you are traveling light. Make sure that the stuff in your home always takes second place to the love in your heart. Make sure that your greatest possession is your own soul. And make sure that when you unpack it in Heaven God and all His angels will smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment