Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Dad

I love you Dad with all my heart
And hate that we should be apart
Our love is a bond that can't be broken
You may be gone, but never forgotten

I remember the day you went away
The pain in my heart is every beat
But I know that eventually, one day
We will, once again meet

The loss is something I can't describe
I'm really going to miss you
One day I'll be back by your side
So I can hug and kiss you

There are no words to tell you,
Just what I'm feeling inside
The day God called you home to Him
Has left a void in my heart and mind.

Things will never again be the same
And though I'm hurting quite bad
I will smile whenever I hear your name
And be so proud to remember my Dad

Rejoice Dad, forever in my heart and mind, in heaven's reward. You deserve it because of your faithful service to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment