Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Super Bowl Rant-LOL!

Another sorry Super Bowl game. I don't believe Seattle is that good and Denver is that bad. I still believe two weeks between the Championship and SB is too long. Go back to one week in between. Seahawks got two breaks in the 49ers championship game and then came off looking like the 1985 Bears in the SB. Denver looked as bad as when we beat them in 1989 when Joe Montana threw 5 touchdown passes. The one person I really feel sorry for is Peyton Manning.

He could never win the big one at Tennessee and now has more playoff losses in the pros than any other QB. How could someone so great look so horrible yesterday? Seattle is good, but not that good. Peyton just looked out of synch all night long, just like Elway did in 1989. The only thing good that came out of this game was we saw the real spirit of Russell Wilson, which I thought was very humbling and gracious.

I must also apologize for writing on my Facebook page last week about the so-called "gay" wedding at half-time by Bruno Mars. I got the wrong information like a lot of you, but I seem to be the only one admitting that I was misinformed. I didn't think the NFL would do like the Grammys and start a political and social snafu and I admit I was wrong. Half-time was rather tame compared to last year's performance. I still don't recognize what language the RHCP band sang in. LOL!

Oh yes, one more thing. To all those who acted like people were a bunch of heathens for not having service and watching the SB, shame on you. Each church situation is different. Each crowd of people is different. Each area is different. Don't condemn if you're in a better situation than others. We have Sunday night service on the second and fourth Sunday night. We've been doing that for awhile and our church isn't the only one that's doing things a little differently. So we didn't call off service for the SB-it just fell on the Sunday night we didn't have service. It's sad that we label people for things we don't really understand.

Now the hardest part of getting older-no football until August. Just basketball-more fouls than play- and baseball-with players I do not recognize or even know how to say their names. Ready for a spring league. Vince McMahon, are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment