Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

She Loves Me

42 years ago today I married the sweetest, kindest, most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She has been supportive of me in all of our years together. She has been my rock, my strength, my encourager, my helpmate, my friend, my lover, my all-in-all. God truly blessed me when He put Rebecca Sue Brigman in my life.

My wife cares about people. She has sent more cards, made more phone calls, visited the elderly in the nursing homes, and had services for them as well. She has passed out little crosses for years and twenty years later is meeting the children of people who have those little crosses passed down to them from a mother or father that has passed away. She has made countless bowls of her famous "Love Salad" for parishioners  who were sick or depressed and baked enough cakes to open a bakery for the same. She is always giving and never very good at receiving.

She loves her family. Because of her health we were only able to have one child and Shane has been her heart since he was born. It was hard on her when he went to college and left home, but she has been rewarded by our wonderful daughter-in-law that has provided us with 4 healthy and beautiful grandchildren. Those two girls and two boys are the apples of their grandmother's eye and she would do anything to take care of them and protect them from this harsh world.

She loves me. Yes, she takes care of me. She has been the best life partner a man could have and I hope when the Lord takes us home He will take us together. I don't know what I would be able to do without her. She is the best thing that ever happened to me and the Lord knew I needed someone like her as my wife.

Happy Anniversary Baby. I love you more today than I did 42 years ago and I hope to spend a few more of these with you until the Lord calls us home.

No comments:

Post a Comment