Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Passion

Many people search for outside answers in an attempt to find an easier way to get to where they want to be in life. When they can't realize their dreams or goals as quickly as they imagined outside solutions become pacifiers for internal desires. That's why they turn to drugs, alcohol, smoking and possessions. These are external tools the devil uses to bury God's voice internally that's telling them, "There's greatness inside. Just don't give up; hold on!"

Everything you need to make your dreams come true God has already placed inside you. You know the right thing to do, but it takes work to do what is right. Paul even reminds us of that in the Book of Romans.  Tap into that source. Find your passion.  Once you do it will fulfill your life and connect you to all the joy and abundance you need before the Lord calls you home. But if you fail to listen to that inner voice,  you most likely will fail to believe you can ever see your dreams come to pass. So, you must know your passion,  live your passion, act on it, and let it fulfill you.

Do I want more from the Lord before I die? Why, yes I do! 


-More opportunities to reach more people. I'm already using the pulpit, the internet, websites, blogs, podcasts, but Lord whatever you open up I will do it. That is my passion.

-More chances to awaken a spirit that lies dormant within another human being. In which ever format or place, Lord, let my light shine.

-I want to see more of the world changed for the glory of God. If one word can do it, let me speak it. If you can use anything Lord to make a difference, then use me.

-I want to sing my songs of hope for people who need it. Let them be as Psalms to the broken and helpless who are searching for a better way.

-I want to write more words that touch the hearts of those who are struggling. Take my thoughts and ideas and let the be anointed by Your Spirit as I write them, O Lord.

-I want to speak to congregations in such great numbers that merely walking out on stage overwhelms me. Give me the platform to reach the multitudes with the gospel of hop and peace.
Theses are my passions and dreams. What is your passion? What one thing do you want to do with your life that would fill the empty parts of your heart and soul?

If God has given you a passion for a thought, desire, or dream for your life then work with it, work on it,  develop it, and create a plan for it. He gave you the passion and will also give you the direction if you will ask Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment