Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Just Do It!

Alan Jackson sang a song that sums up what most of us think, but don't dare say as a Christian:

Here in the real world:

Cowboys don’t cry, and heroes don’t die; And good always wins, Again and again.

And love is a sweet dream that always comes true; Oh, if life were like the movies,
I’d never be blue.

But here in the real world, it's not that easy at all; ‘Cause when hearts get broken,
it's real tears that fall.

Don’t get me wrong. I believe the Bible is God's inspired Word. I believe in Romans 8:28 and all it represents. In fact, I believe everything that God has ever said. However, I am also confident that I don't always understand the ways and the whys of how God operates and wonder when something good will come out of the problems I've faced.

I am still waiting for some good to come out of so many things that have happened in my life that I didn't ask for or expect. I guarantee that most of you are as well. It's in these times we have to just let go of our bewilderment and trust. Pardon me, because it AIN'T easy, but like Nike says, "Just Do It!"

So until God does what He wants I must simply be content that God knows what He is doing, even if He doesn't show me my conclusion. That is a part of trusting Him here in the real world and holding on by faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment