Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Life Is A Journey

Life is a journey. I try to prepare myself for this trip in several ways:

-Intimacy: I need some caring people in my life.

-Work & Finance: I like to work hard, pay my way and help others where possible.

-Spiritual Life: When I am spiritually centered and at peace, I can handle most things.

-Service to Others: A lake with no outlet becomes a dead sea. It's true with people, too.

-Mind and Body: Exercising my body as well as my mind helps them both work better.

-Attitude Adjustments: I really can control my outlook and attitudes.

-Emotions: I can also control my reactions, including anger.

-Relationships: I need to make sure my relationships are healthy.

As long as we are alive, our journey is not over. And in large part, the success of our passage thru life will be determined by our regular and systematic preparation.

I want to be ready for my jourmney everyday. How about you?.

No comments:

Post a Comment