Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

God Is Faithful!

Are you tired of waiting for God to do something for you?  I too struggle with waiting on God’s timing in different areas of  my life. Some days, it is a lot harder to be patient. When we’re bringing our concerns to the Lord again and again, we grow tired of waiting. It soon begins to feel like our prayers are falling on deaf ears. Often our desire is to take control and just “do the best we can”. That is our fleshly reaction to the silence. We know Galatians 5 lists patience as a fruit of the Holy Spirit so we confess our desire to rule our own lives. We ask the Spirit to fill us, empowering and directing us even as we continue to wait on the Lord.

When you begin to feel the pressure to quit, your attitude must be as the Psalmist David who wrote in Psalm 62:5, 6, ‘’ My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved’’. Since all of your hope and expectation is from Him, determine now that you are willing to wait as long as it takes for His promises to manifest. When David says, ‘’ I shall not be moved’ ’ he is declaring: ‘’ I will not allow anything to discourage me nor distract me. I’ll keep on trusting Him until I see with my eyes the fulfillment of what He promised He would do.’’

Waiting is a common experience. All your brothers and sisters in faith, as well as all of creation know what it is like to wait on the Lord. Consider those who have waited before you. There is plenty of encouragement in the Bible concerning a need for patience and those who have excelled in it. James 5:7, Colossians 1:10-12, Psalm 40:1 and Revelations 14:12 are just a few examples of the subject.

Never stop expecting God to fulfill what He said He would do. You and I can have confidence in God to fulfill His promises. Why would you want to give up if God is the one who promised it? Since God is not an ordinary man that He would lie (Numbers 23:19), and He has never  broken His word, then  why shouldn’t  we be willing to wait for Him to fulfill what He has said no matter how long it might take?

God is Faithful! Faithful means “true to one’s word. It carries the idea of being trustworthy, dependable, and reliable. Over and over in the Scriptures, God and His Word are both declared to be faithful. Count on Him, not on your own ability.

Lord, I speak Your Word over my situations and over others. This is what YOUR WORD says:

Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man that he should lie, neither the son of man, that he should repent:  hath he said, and shall he not do it?  Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

 Malachi 4:6 “I am the Lord. I change not . ”

Deuteronomy 7:9  “Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;”

Romans 4:20, 21 “He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strong in faith [believing] giving glory to God; and being fully persuaded that, what he had promised he was able also to perform.”

II Thessalonians 3:3 “But the Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and keep you from evil.”

I Corinthians 1:9  ”God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.”

I Corinthians 10:13  “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:  but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape.”

God is still fulfilling His promises today in your life. Continue to stand in faith and proclaim His Word as you wait on our faithful God.


No comments:

Post a Comment