Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, April 23, 2018

Failure Is Not The End (Part 4)


Failure Is Not The End (Part 4)

Do you know why men and women of God have their doubts and want to ask God for explanations and signs? Because God actually calls smart people; intelligent, wise people with their own point of view of the situation God is trying to change. Doubts and questions are not bad; God knows you have something you’ve been trying to ask him for a long time. The failure is in giving in to the doubts and getting defeated by our lack of insider’s (divine) information. You must persevere even if you don’t understand and that’s how we actually learn wisdom. You must know the information you need, but persevering will teach you how and when to apply it and this, my friend, is called wisdom.

God sees something in you beyond your own understanding of your skills, traits and talents. He is looking for Godly wisdom not a perfect person. All Gideon wanted was to gather food and stay away from the Midianites; but God saw more in him than he did in himself.

Judges 6:11-18

:The angel of the Lord came and sat down under the oak in Oprah (Ophra!!!) that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites. When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.” “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our ancestors told us about when they said, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?’ But now the Lord has abandoned us and given us into the hand of Midian.” The Lord turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and save Israel out of Midian’s hand. Am I not sending you?” “Pardon me, my lord,” Gideon replied, “but how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family.” The Lord answered, “I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.” Gideon replied, “If now I have found favor in your eyes, give me a sign that it is really you talking to me. Please do not go away until I come back and bring my offering and set it before you.” And the Lord said, “I will wait until you return.”

God gave Gideon the signs he was asking for. Gideon decides to go against the Midianites, but God had to train him and teach him some organization and logistics along the way. After reading about Gideon, he definitely doesn’t strike me as the typical Israelite hero, but who can debate with God and win? Guess who-you and I can!

Gideon was a hero, a warrior in God’s heart just as you are. You can debate God about why you believe He is wrong and He may even concede some of your requests and changes to the calling, but you are still a hero and your time of victory will come if you believe him. I didn’t say, if you believe in him. I said, if you believe him. There is a difference between those 2 “believes”.

No comments:

Post a Comment