Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, January 6, 2017

Destiny

Have you fulfilled your destiny? If not, why not?

-Did you start on your way to fulfilling your destiny only to be derailed by letting other life's events get in the way?

-Did you make some initial first steps only to find roadblocks in your way that convinced you to give up?


-If you fulfilled some aspects of your destiny, did you find that you had limited success, and, therefore gave in to a negative view that you weren't meant to succeed?

Although I didn't succeed at the level I wanted or desired as a pastor, at least I lived my destiny by turning it into a reality. If I had never turned my destiny into action, I would have always wondered - what if? Was I then a failure because I did not accomplish all my goals? No, I wasn't. Did I have the financial success I'd hoped for - no. But, there were valuable lessons to be learned. After all, how many successful pastors achieve all their personal goals? Probably not many. Failures are our greatest teacher as long as our experiences are viewed as lessons, and those lessons are internalized to provide fruits for greater achievements later. 

It may take a few more attempts, or many attempts but
success is only achieved once your destiny is put into action. Failures are the launching pad for smarter choices, or better action plans in future endeavors. Will success come at the next church, or the next one after that, or will you be content placing your destiny in God's hands and stay where He has put you? Who is to say but God. The important point here is that success only comes by turning your destiny into reality and realizing that obstacles are only stepping-stones to your final success. I did what I was destined to do, but only through believing that God could use me. Learn valuable lessons from your failures; turn your destiny into action plans, and don't let your destiny only be a dream!


No comments:

Post a Comment