Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, October 26, 2015

When You Are Broken



When Becky and I first began dating I found out how much she loved cats. I was helping my mom with ceramics then so I made her a set of cats from scratch. I poured the mold, removed the excess mud, and painted them for her. We still have them till this day.

The only problem is that one day one was broken into several pieces. As she broke into tears, I quickly grabbed all the pieces that I could find, grabbed the Elmer's Glue bottle, and begin to go to work. I constantly told her over and over, “It will be alright. I can put it back together again.”

Sure enough, I salvaged enough pieces to make it whole again. It has lasted another 25 + years since that day. There are still some visible cracks that can be seen, but you have to look real close to spot them. In fact many people at first glance never see the cracks because the body has been made completely whole again.

It’s amazing what God can do with broken things. He said in His Word in Psalms 147:3 “He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.”

Jesus even specifies that He is the one that can put broken things back together again. Luke 4:17-19 “And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

How many of you have been broken before?

-Were you broken by someone who betrayed you?

-Were you broken by the circumstances that you had to face in everyday life?

-Were you broken by a family crisis that never seemed to have an ending?

-Were you broken because your health failed and nothing helped the pain?

-Were you broken because somebody intentionally hurt you just to make them look better?

Jesus is still the healer of broken lives, hearts and families today. He is able to bind up your wound, heal the brokenness in your heart, and lift the heaviness from your spirit. When you are broken there is only one person who can put you back together-Jesus!

So if you need that touch today just ask Him. He has a miracle with your name on it and is standing by to bring it to pass.

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment