Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Excuse Me

Luke 14:18-20
"And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused. And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused. And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come."

Do you have a plan that's bigger than your excuses?

There is so very much to touch, to do, to create, and to experience in life. Confident people in Christ take ownership of their thoughts and actions and stop relying on excuses.

-They don’t blame the traffic for being tardy at work because they know they were late leaving home.

-They don’t excuse their shortcomings with excuses like “I don’t have time” or “I’m just not good enough”. No, they just make the time and they keep on improving until they see results in the area they have depended on excuses for.

-They understand that even a tiny effort is infinitely more productive than a big, impressive excuse.  

So stop seeing every obstacle as an excuse and start seeing those obstacles as forming a pathway to your goals. If you don't nothing will ever get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment