Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Defining your life and legacy

Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

Common fears have kept countless people from enjoying life fully. Some of the greatest fears we share are a fear of becoming incapacitated, a fear of financial ruin, fear of abandonment and fear of death. Fear may be the most powerful enemy of humanity. And it is an enemy all of us are intimately acquainted with.
We don’t become fearless by reading books or thinking about things, just educated.  Living out experiences firsthand in the real world, one day at a time, is what gives birth to fearlessness.  Ultimately becoming fearless is what you get when you test out the waters for yourself.  This kind of life experience is the most valuable asset you own.

Sometimes on the road to acquiring fearlessness life will beat you down, but you have to stand back up because nothing is more beautiful and powerful than a soul who has weathered and grown through life’s difficulties.  Don’t regret your time, even the moments that were filled with hurt.  Smile because you learned from it all and because you gained enough strength to rise above it all.  In the end, it’s not what you have been through that matters, but it’s how you got through it that defines your life and your legacy.

By surviving your worst fears imaginable, you develop newfound courage. It's that courage that helps you believe that nothing can ever happen to you that is worse than what you have already endured. There is nothing you cannot face with God's courage and strength in your heart. Let Him replace your fears with faith and you can make it all the way home.

Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. "

No comments:

Post a Comment