Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Friday, September 5, 2014

5 Random Thoughts For Today

Two days ago I had my 7th stent implanted in my heart. I've been hurting for at least 4 days and finally had to give into it. When the nurse asked me at the emergency room why I waited so long to come in I told her that I'm a minister and I prayed for Divine Healing. She laughed, not out of disrespect, but because I wasn't healed as I expectedand ended up in the emergency room.

I don't know why God didn't heal me last Sunday when I asked the church to pray for me. However, I learned through this cath that I do not have any more blockages. 7 months ago they saw this one they just repaired at about 50 % blocked and said there were a couple of more. However, when the doctor came out of the surgery he told my wife that this was the only blockage he could see. So even though I had to have the surgery, I believe God did heal me and gave me a new chance to testify about it for Him. Even though it didn't happen as I expected, God did touch me and for that I give Him praise.

Laying in bed this morning, these random thoughts stuck out in my mind. I thought I would just share them with you today because you may have expected more than what you got when you prayed. If so, maybe these will help you remember His plan is different than yours or mine and we have to learn to trust in Him to figure it all out.

-Value and enjoy the journey, even when there are detours along the way.  Appreciate every moment, whatever each moment may bring.  From the genuine appreciation of these little moments will come a remarkable life. No moment is wasted when you live in God's presence.

-Treat yourself as the most important person in the world, and treat others as you treat yourself.  Do not miss one single opportunity to tell someone how wonderful they are, how beautiful they are inside and out.  Live so that people will enjoy your presence when they’re with you, and appreciate you just as much or even more when they’re apart from you.

-Accept important apologies you never received. If you love someone and you want to forgive them, relieve them of the need to apologize to you, for anything.

-Let go of expectation, let go of requirements and rules and regulations that you would impose on your loved ones.  The gift of pure love allows you to bless others and accept them without condition, granting them freedom to make their own choices.

-Remember everyone you meet can teach you something important. In fact, the people who are the most difficult to deal with can also be your most valuable teachers.

No matter how much you know, there’s a whole lot you don’t know. In almost every situation, a little more willingness to acknowledge that there may be something you do not know could change everything.  Go somewhere new, and countless opportunities suddenly appear.  Do something differently, and all sorts of great new possibilities spring up.  Keep an open mind and God will receive His glory through things we don't expect. It could be an illness, an unexpected move, a never thought of loss, or just a change of opinion, Whatever. Just realize somehow and someway He is working all things for your good.

No comments:

Post a Comment