Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Romans 7

  1. The truth does not cease to exist just because it's ignored.  You cannot find peace by avoiding things.  You have to feel it to heal it.  
  2. Bring your fears and weaknesses front and center and shine a blazing spotlight on them.  Because the only way out is through them The pain of facing the truth is so worth it in the long run.
  3. Bad decisions are almost always better than no decisions at all.  It is a teaching and learning process.
  4. Indecisiveness just delays, while bad decisions teach us to yield better ones.  In the end, we most often regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make.
  5. When we stop doing the wrong things and start doing the right things, life gets easier.  It just makes sense.  So how have you been making your life harder than it has to be?   What can you do today to simplify things?  
  6. Read Romans 7:23-25 "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

No comments:

Post a Comment