Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Guidance System

Who among us doesn't know how it feels to be lost? And there are many different we ways can get lost. One of my friend's sons, now a young man, spoke with me the other day with some sadness about his teen-age years. He made some poor choices for a while. That day, while looking back at those difficult years, he commented, "I lost my way." At one time or another we've all lost our way and wondered how we could find it again.

Have you ever wished you had a personal guidance system so that, when you lose your way, you know you won't be lost for long? And the truth is we do. We each have an inner guidance system, an invisible power, hidden deep inside. We each have the ability to find the answers we need, to find our way in life when we're lost, and to find our way back home through God and the power of prayer.

We pay life coaches to remind us that we are naturally creative, resourceful and whole. Yet the best life coaches don't have all the answers. They stimulate our creativity and remind us that we are already resourceful and whole and can come up with solutions ourselves. We also 
may pay a lot of money for psychological counseling, but, as any good counselor knows, it's not advice most of us require. So a skilled therapist will help us to find the way back to ourselves. They help us look inside where we will find what guidance we need. 

Call it an inner voice. Call it spiritual guidance. Call it a gift from God. 
When I've lost my way or when I am confused about a path to take, I remember that most answers I need I already possess deep inside. I am naturally creative, resourceful and whole. If I consult The Lord, I'll know what to do. I just have to ask, seek, and knock, and the answer will be opened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment