Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

He loves you forever

My dad said these words often when he preached. He would always remind his congregation:

"If you don’t remember anything else I have said. Remember this. You are loved! You are loved unconditionally by a greater love than you can ever imagine! God loves you, now and forever!"

Those words of wisdom found a place deep inside of me. I have found myself remembering them over and over again in my life. As I learned, grew, struggled, and stumbled those words stayed in my heart. They helped me to rise up and try again every time I fell. They helped me to find my own love for God, for myself, and for others. They became a central part of who I am and what I teach and preach. The one gift I hope to give all of you is this truth. Please remember then that "You are loved" and know that "God loves you, now and forever!"


-God's love is unconditional.

-God's love is everlasting.

-God's love never ceases.

-God won't let anything separate you form His love.

-God's love will never let you down like people do.

-God's love will prevail.

-God's love brings peace and contentment.

Enjoy it. Share it. Live it. Treat it with care. It does and will last for all of eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment