Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

The pastor no one liked

-His congregations always included someone that questioned his authority.

-There was a great dislike for any correction he would bring in his preaching or writing.

-Some people could not get over his past, not knowing that he had a hard time forgiving and forgetting it himself.

-Some church members wanted sinful acts in their families overlooked, but wanted him to throw the book at others.

-Some questioned the integrity of his calling, his preaching, and even why he reached out to the people he did as a minister.

-He was very controversial trying to minister to youth, dealing with marriage and pre-marital sex, lifestyle, and even communication issues they had with the older generation.

-He was constantly subjected to violence and uproar just for doing the right things the right way.

In spite of all this, when it came down to his last days, he said:

"For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." (2 Timothy 4:6-8 KJV)

His name was Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment