Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, April 15, 2013

It's Happened Again

2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

It's hard to imagine the horror and terror once again placed upon our great nation with the tragedy that has taken place in Boston. So many individuals lives are altered forever by this horrible event. My heart and prayers go out for the families of the victims and the victims themselves of the pain inflicted by persons at this moment unknown to us all. May God have mercy on their souls if they are ever found.

The spirit of evil, Satan, is alive and well on our planet. It appears that as he gains more and more control over the people of this world his power of darkness brings pain, destruction, and great sorrow. Yet, I believe there are still enough people who will humble themselves and pray, seek the face of the Lord, and turn from the spirit of wickedness in our nation. In doing so we can hear from heaven and God can and will bring healing to our land.

In the past 12 years our great nation has undergone one turmoil after another. Somehow we have always seemed to overcome these extreme difficulties with the power of human determination and grit. But I believe this is a critical time in our nation where we must turn back to the faith of our Fathers. The people of Boston need our prayers as well as our whole nation because these acts of terror in spite of our best efforts seem to keep happening.

My prayer today is, "God protect my nation, my family, my leaders, and my freedoms. Help us to reestablish our faith in You and turn from the spirit of evil that seems to hang over us. We as believers repent for our nation and ask for You to expose those who would do evil against us. Heal the injured and comfort the hurting who have lost a loved one. Please Lord, help the people of Boston and America to know that You are still with us and can help us in a great time of tragedy. In Jesus Name-Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment