Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Things you're glad you didn't hear during surgery . . . .

I have listened to doctors over the years share the news with family members about a loved one who has just come through surgery. I also have had my share of those these last few years and even remember telling the doctor not to start the surgery until I went to sleep only to wake up in the recovery room. I can barely remember hearing the doctor and his assistants talking in the operating room, but in saying that I am glad I did not hear some of these things while I was lying on the operating table. These are things you're glad you didn't hear during surgery.

-Wait a minute, if that's his spleen, then what's this?


-Hand me that...uh...that uh...thingie.


-Oops! Hey, has anyone ever survived 500ml of this stuff before?


-Could you stop that thing from beating? It's bothering my concentration.

-What's this doing here?


-I hate it when they're missing stuff in here.


-Somebody call the janitor -- we're going to need a mop.

-I sure wish I had my glasses.


-Well folks, this will be an experiment for us all.


-Oh no! I just lost my Rolex.


-Sterile, shmerile. The floor's clean enough.


-What do you mean he wasn't in for a sex change?!

-Anyone see where I left my scalpel?


-Nurse, did this patient sign the organ donation card?


-What do you mean you want a divorce?!

No comments:

Post a Comment