Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I Am Blessed (Part 3)

Almost 13 years ago both a beauty and a blessing came into our family. We knew the Burrell family many years ago while pastoring in the same city. How ironic that years later a Ms. Candace Burrell would steal the heart of our son and become a part of our family. She not only completed him, but she brought a wonderful change into our household.

Candy has one of the greatest voices you will ever hear anywhere. I tried to get her to try out for American Idol because I know she could have won. That's how great she is vocally. Yet to me it is her compassion and caring attitude that she has for the less fortunate, those that are hurting, and those that are in need that show her true qualities. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, but she has a beautiful spirit on the inside as well.

She has proved herself as a loving wife, a devoted mother, and as a valuable asset to our family. I don't think that Shane could have found ayone else that we could love as a daughter-in-law like we love Candy. She's just great!

Candy was raised as a PK as well, but she has never allowed that to stop her from caring about others. She proved that recently on a missions trip to Alabama in mnistering to victims of the devastating storms that affected the area. Her concern for people spiritually is that they just be real and understand that you can't put God in a box. That's the kind of daughter-in-law every pastor ought to have. I'm just glad she is a part of my family. God truly blessed us when He allowed her to meet and fall in love with Shane.

I am blessed because of my wife, Becky, my son, Shane, and my daughter-in-law, Candy. I would be a very lonely man without them by my side. So I praise God for His blessings on me.

But wait....you haven't read the best part of the story yet..........!

No comments:

Post a Comment