Welcome to the blog of Pastor Alton Stone, from Simpsonville, SC. Pastor Stone is a retired Ordained Bishop of The Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee with over 45 years of pastoral ministry.

Monday, October 3, 2011

I Am Blessed (Part 1)

You have probably heard the old saying, "Behind every good man there's a good woman." Well, I am here to tell you that should be changed to, "Behind every good man there's a better woman." When God blessed me with my companion almost 40 years ago I believe that He broke the mold.

Becky has endured more than her fair share of heartaches as a pastor's wife. She has suffered with me when people left the churches we pastored for the wrong reasons or when I have had to deal with problems in the church. She has cried more than a 1,000 buckets of tears over precious folks the Lord has called home, those who have gone through tremendous sickness and trials, and with those who have found Christ as their Savior at the altar. She has been my right arm, my encourager, and my strength throughout all of my ministry.

She is the perfect wife, the best mom, the greatest grandmother, and someone I am glad the Lord allowed me to spend my life with. I would be nothing without the Lord and very little without her. As the old saying goes, she completes me.

Have we ever been at odds with one another?  Sure we have. Have we always agreed on everything? Absolutely not! But at the end of the day we show how much we care and put the past behind us. That's why I have been truly blessed with the lady that lives with me who has sacrificed so much to see the Kingdom of God go forward.

So on this Monday when most of the pastors I know lament over what could have been on the day before, I just thought I would thank the Lord for His blessings on me. Thanks again for Becky...because You knew I needed her more than anyone else to share my life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment